Traffic safety is a key aspect. The tiny road roller has been used frequently in road maintenance projects due to its many capabilities and ability to meet the requirements of road construction.
A tiny road roller is not able to do the same job as a large tire roller. Mini road rollers can still be a useful and efficient piece of equipment to maintain roads.
A small vibrating small-sized road roller compactor compacts road surfaces by applying vibrational pressure and its weight. It is important to consider the roller’s weight, vibration frequency, and amplitude in relation to asphalt paving spreading thickness before you begin the compacting process.
There are generally two types of Roller compactors.
These are some of the competitors:
- A ride-on roller compactor
- Roller compactor rear-mounted
What is a ride-on Roller Compactor?
These are the steps to follow when using ride-on compactors
- Your first action as a driver should be to circle your roller and inspect the vehicle for damage.
- It is important to check for leaks and damages.
- Make sure that the rollers are not too close to the scraper bars.
- To ensure that the roll-over protective framework is in good condition and all pins and clips are secured, you should inspect it.
- Check the fuel level, coolant and brake fluid. Also check hydraulic oil, engine oil and hydraulic oil.
- After all inspections are completed, you can use the roller. You can now use the roller immediately.
- While you are braking, start the engine and shift into neutral.
- Let the engine heat up for a few seconds before you start to operate.
- Ideal warming time should be between 2 and 5 minutes.
- It is important to know how many passes are required before you can roll. This information is usually found in the engineering design documentation.
- Factors such as the method of rolling, whether it is dead weight or vibration rolling, the material, machine weight and moisture content, as well the thickness of the material, are all important.
- Soils are usually compacted in layers of 200 mm thickness.
- When rolling a cross-fall or camber, the first pass is always on the lower side.
- This is necessary to prevent any loose items from falling down.
- The passes should be separated by at least 150mm
What is the working principle of a Walk-behind Roller Compactor?
Follow the below instructions to operate walk-behind compactors
- Adjusting the handlebar is necessary to get started.
- First, remove the handlebar hitch pin. Then pull the release pin.
- You can adjust the handlebar to the desired height by inserting a release pin and releasing it before locking it in place with a cotterpin.
- After moving the engine fuel valve lever lever to the ON position, turn on the engine switch.
- Set the throttle and engage the choke.
- Press the start button repeatedly to start the engine. Once the engine is started, close the choke lever.
- Let the engine warm up for a few moments before you start to operate. The engine should be allowed to warm up for between 2 and 5 minutes.
- To get rolling, squeeze the left control lever. You can achieve maximum speed by pulling the lever in front of the operator.
If the control lever is pressed, the roller will move backwards.
Small road roller benefits
A little road roller can bring you many benefits:
- It’s significantly cheaper than large rollers.
- Because of its small operating radius, the tiny road roller can operate in tight spaces.
- Its simple design and small size make it easy to transport.
- It is easy to use. Operators with minimal experience and the required expertise can use it easily.
It’s easy to maintain. It’s easy to perform maintenance and troubleshooting.